Studenica Monastery, Serbia

Friday, March 26, 2010

Spring is in the Air!

Well, we've finally emerged from a long winter here in Belgrade -- the sun has come out, the temperatures are perfect, and I would say that this place is alive with the general sense of happiness that often accompanies springtime. I took a long walk through downtown Belgrade yesterday, and the signs of spring were all around me -- crowded outdoor cafes, a bustling pedestrian shopping street, folks out selling their wares on every street corner, and lovers galore (lots and lots of hand-holding and making out on the street, etc., around here).


Here are some photos I took yesterday. Belgrade really is an awesome place (although it admittedly looks and feels a lot better when the sun is out)!









A popcorn stand on the sidewalk. You can find popcorn, ice cream and other goodies on nearly every corner in downtown Belgrade. These folks, skinny though they may be, do love to eat!




















Sunglasses for sale on the walking street.

















A signpost pointing to the major sights in downtown Belgrade.















Belgrade could almost pass for Paris here.

No comments:

Post a Comment