
I was going to write a post yesterday on my continuing car issues (Saab broke down yesterday -- had my first Serbian towing experience) but since I went out last night with my friend, Caroline, who is visiting from the U.S., and another friend, and had a GREAT evening, I thought that this story and the accompanying pics would be much more pleasant for my readers than my ranting about the never-ending car issues that have plagued our family for the past few months.
Anyway, the three gals (Caroline, Regina and me) went to the ballet (Sleeping Beauty) at the Serbian National Theatre building, and then out to dinner. Caroline and I hit a wine bar before the ballet (which did not help with staying awake during the performance, I will admit) We had box seats, and our tickets cost a whopping $7 each!! Can you believe it? The ballet was beautiful, the dancers elegant, the costumes outstanding. Just a superb experience.
This was followed by a terrific dinner at a Belgrade restaurant called Little Bay. This place has an opera theme and has little box seat-style private dining areas. Really cute and fun. The food was outstanding, and again an amazing value. I splurged and had a steak -- $12! The whole dinner, complete with wine, salad, bread, etc. for all three of us was about $50. A bargain even by Belgrade standards.
Little Bay has live music, too, and we, shall we say, befriended the cute and talented musicians who graced us with their music during dinner. They were really nice, and played lots and lots of American music, which was really fun to listen to. Overall, an outstanding evening, and a much-needed respite from the frustrations (mostly car-related) of the day!





that was such a great evening...loved visiting begrade! so much to see and do. erin, thanks again for letting me come crash in your loft and offering to shuttle me around belgrade and drive to budapest for a girls' weekend. was an adventure i will never forget!
ReplyDeleteLoved having you. It really was fun! Take a look at the post I just wrote -- you will NOT believe it!!! :) Have a great week. Erin
ReplyDelete