Studenica Monastery, Serbia

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

March 10 -- Blizzard!

It's March 10th and it starting snowing here this morning. Actually, I should say that something akin to a blizzard showed up this morning -- the wind is ferocious, and we already have an inch or so or snow on the ground after just two hours of snow. I'll admit that I've become a big homebody this winter, and that I've taken a huge liking to snowy days that provide me with the ultimate excuse to stay inside and cook or read or sit on the computer! However, even I am tiring of this weather a bit. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to go outside -- regardless of the weather -- and get the kids in the car, get the car cleaned off, struggle with our gate, which doesn't like to open when it's cold and snowy, and then tackle the slick Belgrade roads. On these snowy days, I literally run a taxi service that includes taking Wes, Virginia and Mikalya to their respective schools (all close to each other, but separate campuses, nonetheless), then taking Lori and Graham to school around noon, then heading out again around 2:15 to start the pickup process. (Lori typically drives Mikayla and Graham to and from school, but she understandably is not eager to drive when the roads are slick and icy). If I could just sit inside on days like today and watch LOST episodes (we've become a bit addicted to LOST around here -- we're halfway through Season 1, and loving it), or cook all day, that would be great. But going out in this stuff isn't a lot of fun.

Looking on the bright side, at least this weather puts a damper on our next door neighbor's construction activities (see my earlier post on our construction woes). The other good news is that this SURELY is the last snowfall we'll see in Belgrade, and spring SURELY is right around the corner. Always looking for that silver lining...

Happy hump day!!

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment