Studenica Monastery, Serbia

Saturday, April 17, 2010

The Alhambra

Okay, I can't resist: just one more post on Spain. I mentioned the Alhambra in my prior post. If you're interested in reading up on this stunningly beautiful and fascinating place, check out the wikipedia site at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alhambra.

Here are some more photos of The Alhambra and surrounding grounds:

View of Granada from the Generalife Gardens
Part of the beautiful Generalife Gardens

A "small" palace (not the main Nasrid Palace) in the Generalife Gardens

Another building (not sure what this was) on the grounds of the Alhambra

A hotel within the walls of the Alhambra -- stay here if you ever get to Granada!!!

View of the old Moorish quarter (Albaycin) from the top of the Alhambra's fortress

Another view of Granada (the city's main square is in the bottom 1/3 of the photo) from the Alhambra

View of Granada's cathedral (Queen Isabella and King Ferdinand are buried in the chapel next to the cathedral)

Interior of the Charles V Palace within the Alhambra (built by Charles V after the Moors were conquered in the late 15th century)

Beautiful interior shot of a hallway in the Nasrid Palace, the most significant structure on the property

2 comments:

  1. Breath-taking! I've been in Spain two years ago. The most beautiful month of my life! First, I was freaking out that the Spanish would kiss you the moment they met you, but actually, they are great people with amazing history!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! Love them!!

    ReplyDelete