What with all the news of floods and sick children, I thought that I'd share a cute story in an effort to bring a smile to your faces. So, here goes...
Although the Richardson children almost always live together in complete harmony, and say nothing but kind and loving things to one another (I'm joking, okay?), I overheard Wes call Virginia a rather unbecoming name a few nights ago. Once he realized that he was busted, he apologized to her and to me, but I asked him to go one step further, and to write her an apology note. Here's what he came up with:
Dearest Virginia,
I come to thee today to ask for forgiveness of my sin. Having wasted breath on that stupid sentence, I now know what it must feel like to be treated in that way. I have said it once and I may say it again, I am the _______ (the word he called her) for being so shallow as to stoop to such tactics of name calling. I am truly sorry and beg of forgiveness. If this is not a sufficient apology then God strike me from the heavens.
Yours truly,
Wes R.
Regardless of the circumstances, it seems that that boy has a way of redeeming himself, and bringing a smile to people's faces. What a blessing to have such a kind-hearted (well, most of the time, anyway), good-natured, and entertaining son!
Happy Thursday.
Erin
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

LOL!! I just finished reading a Jane Austen book and I think Mr. Darcy could not have written a better letter. Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteIt's Friday, and it’s the Weekly State Department Blog Roundup’s Three Month Blogiversary - and you're on it!
ReplyDeleteHere is the link:
http://bit.ly/azzT3n
(If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)
Thanks!