I feel like a princess. Our cleaning lady and my nail lady both came to the house today. My house is clean and my feet and hands look and feel wonderful!! I love both of these women.
Before you start thinking that I've turned into some kind of prima dona, though, let me just say that today marks only the third time since arriving in Serbia that I've had my nails done (a shame given the fact that this is one of the true remaining bargains here), and that we also recently (and sadly) decided to cut our cleaning lady back from two days per week to one. Nevertheless, it feels so good to have a clean house (although I know the state is completely temporary), clean, folded and put-away laundry, and decent-looking feet and hands.
The foreign service certainly has some perks, and affordable services such as cleaning, cooking, lawn care and personal services (hair, nails, massages, etc), rank high, in my opinion, among them. Gonna miss all this spoiling when we get back!!
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDelete