Studenica Monastery, Serbia

Friday, May 21, 2010

Chrissie

I am sad to have to report that Chrissie, the little girl I wrote about on this blog several weeks ago, lost her fight for her life two days ago.  I first met Chrissie (who was Barbara then) last year in a Serbian institution for children with disabilities.  She was born with a complex congenital heart defect, but was adopted by a  family in Texas last October, and had open heart surgery on April 19 in San Antonio, Texas.  Although the surgery was difficult and very dicey, the surgeons evidently were able to repair her heart.  Her lungs, however, which also had not worked properly since her birth, kept failing her, and on Wednesday, those little lungs apparently decided they just couldn't fight anymore.

Thanks to those of you who followed Chrissie's story through her Mom's blog, and please keep her family (Mom, Dad, three biological siblings, two adoptive siblings, and another soon-to-be 6 adoptive siblings from Haiti!)  in your prayers.


Chrissie and her Mom, Lorraine.  I love this picture.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if I could talk to you about your experiences in Serbia? Could you email me at deanleah at comcast dot net ? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete