I spent yesterday at our new house, receiving the gargantuan sums of crap that we have had stored here in Nashville while we were in Serbia. Bottom line, it was a complete and utter nightmare. First of all, I kid you not, it was 100 frigging degrees outside, and I had to stand outside checking items/boxes off of the inventory list as they came off the truck. I had not factored the need to be outside into the equation, and did not dress appropriately for such torture, so I basically stood outside and sweated all day. Lovely. To add insult to injury, more than 10 pieces of our furniture were damaged. Now, this doesn't surprise me given the fact that our packers/movers back in Februrary of 2009 insisted on staying into the wee hours of the morning on the second day of the move so that they wouldn't have to come back for a third day. Let's just say that they clearly were not on top of their game at 1 a.m., and we unfortunately are now bearing the consequences of that.
On a happy note, our rental house is beautiful and big, and I think that we're going to really enjoy it. My only concern is that when it comes time to move out, we won't want to, although we are going to really miss our old neighborhood over the next 9 months.
Today, I'm back at it at the house. It turns out that our movers didn't have tools yesterday (go figure) and so they have to come back today to assemble all of our beds and tables. Other things on today's to do list include taking Wes in for his sports' physical for school, getting supplies for Wes' summer reading projects, taking Wes to meet his Big Brother from his new school, taking Wes to cross country practice at 3:30, buying mattresses for the boys' beds, and preparing for Graham's IEP meeting which is tomorrow, and which I'm looking very much forward to (not really). It's gonna be a great day!!!!
Sorry for the relatively negative report. Under the circumstances, though, a pity party seemed in order. I fully intend, however, to resume my usual cheery disposition in a few days. As they say, "this too shall pass."
Tuesday, August 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Ugh. I really feel for you - we had a hot, hot day on the pack up and arrival. It's miserable work - although this was our best move in terms of our furniture arriving unscathed. Anything that broke we did ourselves! It was such a painful process unpacking that I begged Kevin to put an offer on your house. Alas, he said no, and now I waste countless hours looking at houses online.
ReplyDelete