Studenica Monastery, Serbia

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Still Here...

I'm still here guys. Just so darned exhausted that I haven't been able to muster the energy to write any posts over the last few days. I want to share pics from our last night in Belgrade, and also plan to write more about our first few weeks back in the States. We're moving into our rental house tomorrow, so it may be a few days before I am able to spend much time updating the blog.

I will share briefly, though, that on my first "real" shopping trip yesterday (where I actually had a list of things I needed to get), I hit a wall in the laundry detergent aisle. I am fairly certain that the folks who walked past me were seriously concerned about my sanity as I stood for a good long time, blank-faced and no doubt looking rather dazed, in front of the 63 (I counted them!) different types of fabric softener. I honestly didn't even know where to begin in terms of cost-comparing and trying to decide which product to purchase. Why in heaven's name does a grocery store chain feel that it needs to carry so many different types of fabric softener? Utter overkill, in my humble opinion.

More on the shopping issue later, I guess, but I did want to touch base and say hi to all of my readers. Have a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment