
Since I'm about to fall asleep because it is nearly 11 p.m., this will not be a complete post on our amazing trip to Istanbul. However, I didn't want you all -- my faithful blog readers -- to think that I had forgotten about you, and so, here's a preview of the blog that is to come regarding our most recent trip.
Suffice it to say that of all the places I've visited in the world, Istanbul now ranks as my most favorite city. I was totally blown away by the historical significance -- religious, political and otherwise -- of this city. As if that weren't enough, the people in Istanbul were some of the nicest and most welcoming folks we've encountered throughout our travels this year, the food was amazing, the city is absolutely beautiful, the Muslim culture is fascinating, the shopping is outrageous, and the rugs -- oh, the rugs -- are to die for!
So, there you have it in something of a nutshell: I'm a big fan of Istanbul. More on our adventures in this incredibly wonderful city later (hopefully tomorrow, but if not, I promise I'll get to it on Sunday -- we're still trying to catch our breath around here!)
Erin

No comments:
Post a Comment