Today is my 43rd birthday. It's a little hard to believe, really. While I realize that I am still relatively young, there's no doubt that I'm a heck of a lot older than I used to be.
As we often do on our birthdays, I have reflected quite a bit this week on my life. Is it good? Bad? Full? Empty? Fortunately, I've concluded that my life, in fact, is and has been quite wonderful. I've had my lumps, just like we all do, but at the end of the day, there is no denying that I've been blessed beyond imagination. I have a beautiful, wonderful family, a supportive, kind and loving husband, talented and super energetic kids, and many dear and truly exceptional friends. I've had some absolutely amazing life experiences (some good, some not so good), that have given me, I believe, a somewhat unique perspective on life. I also am incredibly blessed to have things in my life about which I feel a great deal of passion -- like fighting for the rights of kids and adults with disabilities. God has blessed me with many opportunities to use that passion both in the U.S. and here in Serbia, and I am so grateful for that.
So, on this first day of my 44th year, I express gratitude for the life that I've been given, and for the people who have made it so wonderful.
Have a marvelous weekend.
Erin
Friday, November 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment