We're headed to Romania for four days today. Eli's Dad came in on Thursday (long story there -- will share later), so there will be 8 of us in the van traveling to Romania. We will spend two nights in Transylvania at Count Kalnoky's Estate (www.transylvaniancastle.com) -- this place has been highlighted in the New York Times as well as Pittsburgh's daily paper (you can do a quick google search and find both articles), and sounds really neat. On Monday, we'll drive to Bucharest, the capital of Romania. Eli has a conference there on Tuesday and Wednesday, but the kids, Lori and Mikayla, and Eli's Dad and I will drive back to Belgrade on Tuesday so that the kids don't miss an entire week of school. Romania has a special place in my heart, as I spent several months there after law school (in 1993) working in an orphanage in a town in the northeast part of the country. I spent a lot of time in Bucharest while I was there as well, so I am looking forward to getting back there 16 years later to see what kinds of changes have taken place. Looking forward to sharing our adventures with you when we return.
Erin
Friday, September 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment